QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software on the market. While buying it for commercial use, people consider the right features, versions, benefits, need for cloud hosting, and more. Before you shift your attention towards these aspects, there is something else you should know about – error-free QuickBooks installation.
As you might know, installing QuickBooks on a system requires several Microsoft core components. Lack of any of them may cause improper functioning of the application, negatively affecting your work. The same happens when these components become unstable. This is where the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool comes in handy. As the name suggests, it diagnoses errors that may arise during QuickBooks installation.
Let us help you learn more about this tool.
Key Points Related to QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- It is also known as QBInstall and is designed to identify and fix software installation issues.
- It is generally recommended to QBInstall before you try to resolve any installation-related issue. Using this tool will help overcome the problems in minimal time.
- Troubleshooting QuickBooks installation errors using this tool ensures a smooth software installation process.
- You can download this tool and set it up in your system for use.
What are the Common QuickBooks Installation Errors?
Given below are some of the most common errors that arise at the time of installing QuickBooks accounting software:
- Error 1402
- Error 1603
- Error 1935
- Error 1722
- Error 1903
- Error with a pop-up message that says, ‘QuickBooks has stopped working’ while opening the application
- Errors related to Microsoft .NET framework
- Errors highlighting damaged MSXML and C++
All these errors can be diagnosed/fixed using QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool.
How to Fix QuickBooks Installation Errors – Step-by-Step Guide
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Before you download QuickBooks Tool Hub, you need to close the application and start the downloading process.
- It would be best to save the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (the most recent being 220.127.116.11).
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the steps for installation.
- Once installed, double-click on it to open the tool.
Start using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Open the tool hub to select ‘installation issue’ and then run QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool. Once done, restart the computer system.
You can do the following using the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool:
- Diagnose the connection tab to examine your system
- Check firewall status and make the required changes
- Test workstation connectivity
Update the Installed Windows
When you update the Windows installed on your computer, it prevents and fixes various installation issues by itself. Post updating Windows, restart the system again and check if QuickBooks opens up with or without an error. In case the application was not installed properly, try installing it again.
However, if this does not help you overcome the problems, move to the next step.
Fix Windows Components manually
In case the steps mentioned above do not work, you need to repair Windows components. The steps to restore or reinstall the Microsoft .NET framework or Microsoft MSXML must be followed with the help of professionals. Do this yourself only if you are an experienced computer professional.
After doing this, if you can open QuickBooks and work on it, the issues have been resolved.
Use Safe or Selective Startup Mode for QuickBooks installation.
In some cases, third-party apps like antivirus software also block the software installation process. You can get help in installing QuickBooks while in safe mode (selective startup mode) in such situations.
If the installation issues persist, you are advised to call for help from an IT professional to get the Windows diagnosed for other general problems.
Is It Worth Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
This handy tool can help you resolve some of the most common issues related to QuickBooks installation. But it is also vital that you ask for technical support if you are unable to handle the problems faced. You should also know that working on cloud-hosted QuickBooks can help avoid many of these issues. The QuickBooks hosting provider you hire will help you install the software on the cloud servers to provide remote accessibility, enhanced security, and many other benefits.
For more details on QuickBooks hosting on the cloud, click here.