Being the most popular accounting software, QuickBooks caters to various aspects of a business, be it managing income or keeping track of expenses. Most accounting professionals and CPA firms know about QuickBook variants: QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks Online, or QuickBooks desktop products range. Similarly, they have a good idea of different versions of this desktop accounting software available in the market (QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise).
However, when it comes to hosting QuickBooks on cloud, many feel doubtful about the right path to be followed. If you want to benefit from QuickBooks hosting solutions, you might have questions about data security, software upgrades, and related costs running into your mind.
If you are looking for a complete guide to host QuickBooks software on cloud servers, you’ve come to the right place. We will cover everything in detail to help you make the right decision.
3-Step Checklist You Should Follow Before Hosting QuickBooks on Cloud
1. Understand the benefits of switching to cloud-hosted QuickBooks
Businesses trust QuickBooks software across the world. Enhancing the power of this software with cloud technology may sound like a challenge to many. But it is possible by having a renowned cloud hosting provider by your side. Before you start searching for the right cloud partner, you must understand how QuickBooks hosting will benefit your business in the long run.
Benefits of QuickBooks with cloud hosting for businesses
- Remote accessibility of the software from anywhere and anytime
- Cloud software access control that only allows authorized users to work on it
- Seamless collaboration between team members with improved productivity
- Round-the-clock support services to handle and resolve hosting-related queries
- Data security with advanced safety measures
- 99.995% uptime guarantee
- No need for local software installation
- Assistance to migrate QuickBooks from local environment to the cloud
- Easy integration with third-party applications and add-ons
- Cost savings
- Availability of multiple hosting plans to choose from
2. Consider crucial factors before switching to QuickBooks on cloud.
The decision to migrate your QuickBooks software to the cloud should not be made in a hurry. You should dive deeper and learn about factors you should consider before hosting the software on a dedicated server.
QuickBooks hosting cost is to be paid in addition to the cost of buying a license of the correct QuickBooks version. Based on the scale of your business, you can select from the available hosting plans – Solo, Small Team, or Large Team.
Challenges related to the cloud migration
If you are new to using QuickBooks on cloud, you might face a few challenges. However, the application interface remains the same as in the case of a local-hosted environment. If you need any help related to software access, you can ask your cloud hosting provider.
Third-party add-ons integration
Although QuickBooks has a comprehensive feature set, you might need more add-ons to enhance its functionalities further. Make sure you ask the hosting provider whether they support the integration of required add-ons or not.
Recommended Read: Cost Vs. Benefits of QuickBooks Cloud Hosting
3. Select a renowned cloud hosting provider
Given the scale and reach of the QuickBooks hosting market, you can find several cloud hosting providers offering these services. To zero in on the most suitable cloud solution provider, check for the following features:
- SLA-backed server uptime guarantee that will also give you a fair idea about the reputation of the chosen hosting provider in the market (look for the uptime guarantee of around 99.995%)
- Advanced level data security based on measures like DDoS protection, firewalls, intrusion detection, and similar others
- Support for your QuickBooks version (Example – if the service provider only offers to host QuickBooks Pro while you need to QuickBooks Premium, you may face problems later on)
- Data backups to ensure retrieval of data in case of natural or man-made disasters (check for managed data backup services if available)
- Ease of connecting with the support team via call, email, or chat
The bottom line
Migrating to cloud-hosted QuickBooks will be a long-term decision, which is why it is essential to look at it from every angle from making the switch. Choose Verito for QuickBooks Hosting and call us at 1-855-583-7486 to discuss your requirements.