Following the cloud computing trend, you want every feature that can benefit your business in the long run. You want business applications and data hosted on the cloud, the right add-ons on the cloud server, and more. However, it is not as easy as it may seem to do remote desktop scanning or printing. By default, terminal servers do not allow these activities for document archiving, editing, or printing.
This is where TSScan and TSPrint come into the picture to play a vital role. Want to know how you can benefit from these online tools? Let’s find out.
TSScan Means Scanning on Terminal Servers
Whenever you need remote desktop scanning, TSScan is the go-to tool that allows you to have fully TWAIN standard-compliant mapping of scanners for terminal servers, remote desktops, Citrix servers, or VDI. In addition, it will make all your local imaging devices accessible on your remote desktop server.
Here are a few other things you must know about TSScan:
- It can be used on any network through Microsoft Virtual Channel technology and advanced compression methods.
- Image quality stays the same when scanned through this remote desktop scanning tool.
- TSScan maps local scanner drivers to a remote desktop server, allowing you to initiate a scan on the server.
- You can use the scanners attached to the local workstation on a terminal server as they are being used locally.
- TSScan can also be a standalone GUI application without installing third-party scanning applications.
- You can save the scanned images in multiple formats, be it BMP, JPEG, or PDF.
You need to download the server version of TSScan for terminal servers to install it on the server. You can also add or remove user profiles during the installation process. Besides this, proceed with downloading and installing the appropriate version (32 or 64-bit) on every workstation from where you or your team members will proceed with scanning documents.
More About TSPrint and How to Get Started with Using It
Similar to TSScan, which allows remote desktop scanning, TSPrint enables you to print work files from a remote server to a locally-connected printer at home. So, whether you run a small business or a big organization, you can benefit from this remote desktop printing software.
You should also know that:
- The software is easy to implement and use.
- Its affordable licensing system is one of the reasons behind its popularity as a remote desktop printing solution.
- It also provides you with additional tools to simplify operations related to Windows terminal services.
- It does not require installing printer drivers on the terminal server, enhancing server stability.
- TSPrint has virtual printer drivers that will work on receiving the print job, compress it, and send it to a local computer.
- Installing TSPrint is relatively easy and hassle-free. It also transfers documents to a local workstation and opens them using the default application.