Tax and accounting firms have had to rapidly pivot to a new way of working because of coronavirus. This unprecedented change in working environments for everyone has proven to be an excellent case study for remote work. Some firms had a robust infrastructure to quickly enable the transition from in-office work to remote work, while others have struggled to transition or get their team fully on board with the new normal.
If you were to survey tax and accounting professionals about their stance on remote work pre-pandemic, you likely would have gotten very pessimistic outlooks on their ability to remain as productive as their conventional office set up. The past six-plus months of the pandemic have proven this stance to be wrong.
The way we approach work has fundamentally and irrevocably changed. Companies have stayed productive and high-functioning when not tied to a physical office environment. The benefits to both companies and employees have become clear.
The benefits of remote work are created by cloud-enabled solutions that provide enhanced cybersecurity measures. Tax and accounting firms that invested in solutions to empower remote work collaboration and information sharing have seen the most significant benefits.
We’ve put together a list of ways tax and accounting firms have pivoted successfully to remote empowered, cloud-enabled IT ecosystems to continue to thrive.
Remote Work Produces Happier, More Productive Employees
Despite ample skepticism, most employees adapted quickly to remote work, discovering new work-life benefits as they settled into the new normal. Improved employee satisfaction has proven to increase productivity and loyalty. Remote work provides advantages that make staff members’ lives easier while improving motivation and productivity.
- Remote work eliminates the dreaded commute. The stress of the daily commute can be a significant drain on employee happiness and productivity. Removing this stress saves time and money and improves morale daily.
- Remote work provides flexibility outside of work responsibilities. There’s an endless number of small errands that pile up for a traditional in-office employee. In a conventional office environment, they would have to take off work to pick up kids from school if they’re sick or take an animal to the vet. Reducing this stress increases employee engagement and focus, ultimately resulting in improved productivity.
- Telework means fewer in-office time killers. Chatty co-workers, water cooler talk, and endless meetings are a thing of the past with telework.
Telecommuting Improves the Bottom Line for Tax and Accounting Firms
Tax and accounting professionals planning for the future have to consider what the future office environment looks like after getting the “all clear” to return to work. What will that office of the future look like? If your firm decides that an office is needed, how will it be shaped for the new normal?
Firms that have invested time and money into developing effective, secure IT environments that support collaboration and enable remote work will have unmatched flexibility to take advantage of everything the post-pandemic world has to offer.
- Cost savings from a reduced physical office footprint. Whether your firm of the future decides to remain fully remote or reduce overall office footprint with less staff in the office, this will result in big-time savings. Tax and accounting firms freed from these expenses can invest in talent, innovation, and further enhanced IT infrastructure.
- Less office space means reduced supply expenses. Tax and accounting professionals in the office quickly accumulate significant costs from paper, utilities, cleaning services, and more. Reducing these expenses with a smaller footprint can result in substantial savings.
Agile, future-facing firms thinking progressively about what the new standard will look like can reap significant benefits from smart investments now. They must make the critical decision to invest in cloud-enabled tech, security, and training to build a remote work atmosphere that is effective, versatile, scalable, and most importantly, secure.
That’s where Verito can help. We can partner with your firm to augment your existing IT infrastructure or build a robust, secure IT environment from the ground up. We will be there for you every step of the way, from migration to day-to-day maintenance 24/7/365.
Cloud computing and cloud-enabled services enhance productivity and efficiency while ensuring risk mitigation against unexpected events, like a pandemic. At Verito, we are experts at building cloud-enabled solutions to improve your firm’s performance and elevate your ability to remain agile and pivot when confronted with unforeseen events to business continuity.
In the new normal of remote work, it is imperative to have easy access to files and easily collaborate with coworkers and clients from anywhere, at any time. Verito Cloud provides tax and accounting firms the capability to stay up and running amid an unexpected crisis, deliver peace of mind, enhance security, and protect the bottom line.
Verito Cloud offers tax and accounting firms:
- A cloud-based remote desktop solution provides access to the same icons, applications, folders, and files available on desktop computers in your office.
- Easy virtual desktop launch from a single icon available on any device.
- Comprehensive security because we store and execute a virtual desktop directly from our secure servers, located in our U.S.-based data centers that meet top-tier security requirements.
Agile tax and accounting firms are thinking differently about how they will operate after the coronavirus threat recedes, and they approach the future. We’ll be here to help your firm come out on the other side better and stronger than ever.
About Verito Technologies
Verito Technologies provides fully-managed, turn-key cloud hosting solutions for all size companies. We host your favorite tax/accounting software on a dedicated cloud server backed by enterprise-grade security that is SOC2, PCI DSS, SSAE compliant, and our strategically located data centers offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee. Automated backups and a 24/7 support team provide complete peace of mind.