Using Sage software to handle various accounting tasks related to your business means ease of use and convenience. However, when the business grows towards the next level, the software you use must be capable of handling the related rigors and requirements. For example, if you have previously used Sage 50 or Sage 100 ERP, you would need to know more about Sage 100 Contractor.
As the name suggests, Sage 100 Contractor is primarily meant for construction businesses and contractors for effective business operation management. This blog post will cover various aspects of this Sage software variant to help you understand if it is suitable for your business.
What is Sage 100 Contractor?
Sage 100 Contractor, previously known as Sage Master Builder, is an advanced software meant for small and mid-sized construction contractors/companies. It provides critical project information for general contractors, specialty contractors, or home builders.
Being an excellent fit for construction businesses, Sage 100 Contractor has been designed to manage all phases of construction contracts like estimating, project scheduling, and job costing in one solution. It is particularly suitable for companies that have outgrown generic accounting software. Its customizable dashboard, email alerts, and access to profitability and project status help construction businesses manage various projects.
Features of Sage 100 Contractor
The global construction industry has evolved considerably because of technological innovations. As a result, most contractors now need scalable integrated software to control the business and project visibility better. With Sage 100 Contractor, you can easily manage various aspects of construction and service management.
Given below are some of the primary features of Sage 100 Contractor software:
- Easy access to critical job cost
- Industry-specific reporting
- Easy to export budgets, sub-contracts, and proposals instantly
- Easy to manage payrolls, AIA billings, or lien waivers
- Automated bank feeds
- Integrated timecard management
- Electronic paperwork management
Why use Sage 100 Contractor?
If you are still confused if switching to Sage 100 Contractor would be useful for your business, read the following reasons:
- The intuitive dashboard of this software allows easy customization so that you can access business-specific reports and data easily to make informed decisions.
- The software is quite user-friendly and hence, does not cause any hurdle in adopting its method of operation.
- Sage 100 Contractor can also help you complete bids accurately and reduce the need for manual data entry.
- It is easy to implement to prevent any work-related disruption during the implementation phase.
- It allows easy tracking of time, report generation, payroll creation, and much else for better management of construction projects.
- It is highly suitable for organizations having smaller budgets.
- It enables you to control personalized security settings to restrict access to business-specific information to authorized users only.
- You can also track and create individual or subcontract change orders.
- Sage 100 Contractor also allows centralized tracking of key project documents to help you update the information included in them as and when required.
- You can also handle and manage equipment cost allocation using this software.
** You can access Sage 100 Contractor from any location when you host on the cloud.
There are five add-on modules currently supported for use by Sage 100 Contractor. These include:
- Estimating Basic – to help you stay on top of the estimating process
- Equipment – to track and charge equipment costs to jobs and recoup these outlays
- Document Control – to help you with comprehensive project documentation
- Inventory – to keep track of the inventory items
- Service Receivables – to include service contracts, dispatch, routes, quotes, and more
You May Also Like to Read: Differences Between Sage 50 and Sage 100 ERP
The pricing of this Sage software variant is not published online. Hence, you need to contact the Sage Sales team to request a quote.
Host Sage 100 Contractor on Verito’s Cloud
Using the all-inclusive Sage 100 Contractor software has everything you need to manage the construction business. However, if you want to move a step beyond its traditional usage, switch to cloud hosting for this Sage software variant. With Sage 100 Contractor hosted on the cloud, you can access project information and job cost from wherever you are and at any time. In addition, with Verito’s 99.995% SLA-backed uptime guarantee, you can rest assured that your team can work on this software always without technical deviations.
For more information about Sage software hosting, contact us at 1-855-583-7486.