When you are a part of the accounting industry, you want to streamline various work-related activities to maintain overall productivity. This is where selecting a reliable accounting software and putting it into use matters a lot for businesses of all sizes. Being the most versatile accounting software, QuickBooks does fit various accounting needs. Things can be done faster from basic accounting, invoicing, and inventory management.
However, there’s a catch: You need to select the correct QuickBooks desktop version that fits your business needs.
If you wonder how to pick the correct QuickBooks version for your business, you need to know its different versions in detail. Here, we will cover QuickBooks Accountant in detail to help you understand if it is meant for you.
What is QuickBooks Accountant?
QuickBooks Accountant is a specialized software designed by Intuit for accounting professionals in particular. The software allows them to create invoices, manage payroll, and easily access client accounts.
Many other reasons will make you enjoy using QuickBooks Accountant desktop software, including:
- Access to Accountant Toolbox
- Client Data Review to make it easier for you to identify and fix entry errors
- Easy to delete or reclassify hundreds of transactions at once
- Easy to transfer files
- Multi-monitor mode to tailor your office for enhanced efficiency
- Multi-instance feature that enables you to work on two company files simultaneously
- Search auto-fill feature and more
Its features are quite different from other versions of QuickBooks software, such as QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier.
Some of the main features of QuickBooks Accountant are:
- Access to clients’ account-related information
- Project and task management
- Real-time progress tracking
- Full-scale billing
- Bank-level security for document sharing
- Multiple options to set user restrictions
- Access to other QuickBooks programs
- Dedicated support
To know more about its other features in detail, click here.
Benefits of using QuickBooks Accountant
Still thinking if QuickBooks Accountant is the right choice for your business? You must know about its following benefits:
- Easy to organize and access client information
- Easy to work with your client’s account
- Ease of adding notes for each client in just a few clicks
- Enhanced collaboration with multiple users working together under a QuickBooks license
- Third-party app integrations supported
What’s New in QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus 2022?
The new and improved features of QuickBooks Accountant can help you automate various accountant tasks. These include:
- Enhanced computing power (64-bit) to help you do things faster
- Vendor bill payments within QuickBooks
- Document attachments to transactions via the QB desktop mobile app
QuickBooks Accountant Feature Comparison – Year by Year
|Improved bank feeds||✔|
|Automation of the task of sending statement emails||✔|
|Customization of payment receipts||✔|
|Rule-based customer groups||✔|
|QuickBooks Tool Hub||✔|
|Automated payment reminders||✔||✔|
|Consolidation of multiple invoices into one email||✔||✔|
|Filter to include or exclude inactive inventory items||✔||✔||✔|
|1-click transfer of credit across customer jobs||✔||✔||✔|
|Ease of sending files securely||✔||✔||✔|
|Client Data Review||✔||✔||✔|
Disclaimer: The details of the feature comparison given above have been taken from Intuit’s comparison chart.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Accountant
- Windows 8.1 or 10
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, or 2019
- 2.4 GHz processor
- 8GB RAM for 64-bit application
- 2.5 GB disk space minimum
- Product registration required
- 1280×1024 screen resolution or higher
Experience High-Performance Cloud Solutions with Verito’s QuickBooks Accountant Hosting
Using QuickBooks Accountant desktop software has its pros and cons. If you want to benefit from accessing the software on the cloud, switch to Verito’s hosting solutions today. Our expert team will help you migrate your QuickBooks Accountant desktop software and solve any hosting-related issues you may face.
Here are some of the benefits of QuickBooks Accountant hosting services:
- Top-performing dedicated server for your business
- Round-the-clock support
- Scalable hosting solutions
- Remote accessibility benefits
- Multi-level security
- Cost savings
What is the Cost of QuickBooks Hosting?
The total cost depends on the hosting plan you select and the cloud hosting provider you hire for such needs. Remember that the cloud hosting cost is additional to the software licensing fee you incur.
For more details about our cloud hosting solutions, contact us here.
How much does QuickBooks Accountant cost in a cloud-hosted environment?
It depends on the hosting plan you select and your business-specific requirements.
Is QuickBooks Accountant the same as QuickBooks Premier?
Both these versions of QuickBooks software have noticeable differences. While QB Accountant is for professionals who work for other clients, QB Premier is for businesses that manage finances independently.
Do I need to buy QuickBooks software every year?
You need not buy desktop software every year. However, it is advisable to upgrade the software to the latest versions to not miss out on the new features.
You May Also Like to Read: QuickBooks Pro 2020 vs. 2019 vs. 2018